Blast Furnace Slag is mainly used in the production of Portland Blast Furnace Cement (PBFC) and High Slag Blast Furnace Cement (HSBFC), with a content of 30 – 70% blast furnace slag; and in the production of ready-mixed durable concrete.
Concrete containing granulated blast furnace slag cement turns solid more slowly than Ordinary Portland Cement and gains strength for longer in the production process.
Blast furnace slag is used in:
• Reducing the risk of damages caused by alkali-silica reaction.
• Providing higher resistance to chloride ingress, hence reducing the risk of reinforcement corrosion.
• Provides higher resistance to attacks by sulphate and other chemicals.
• Minimizing of the hydration heat.
• Increasing resistance against chloride ion and seawater attack.